07 October, 2005

Holding My Breath

Honestly, I thought that the toughest part would be finding a job overseas and not being able to perform on a face-to-face interview. I was wrong.

I truly believed that once the Managing-Vice-President-Partner dude at the Greatest Software Company That Ever Lived (yes, I am overly enthusiastic at this point, I haven't started the job yet) gave me the nod that all the months of hard work would be done and I could finally relax.

Yeah, I am a schmuck. Pass over the permanent marker will ya. I will write it on my forehead.

The-Visa-Process is a whole new ballgame. Whip out the rally caps boys, cause I have just submitted my paperwork for the second time and (drumroll) I purchased an airline ticket. For $900 dollars. Actually. Bought.

I feel like I made some kind of statement by purchasing the tickets. Sorta like the guy in the yellow robes at the airport. He's a Krishna and he OWNS the gig.

Now all I have to do is wait for the Visa office to deny my Visa because they don't agree with my color choice in nailpolish and then I won't gain entry. And then I will watch my dream flush down the toilet.

Go optimism.